It’s the first day of Fall! Are you ready for fallen leaves, apple picking, hayrides, bonfires, pumpkin carving, and everything else Fall has to offer? I know I am! With coronavirus still impacting our communities, and events getting canceled, we thought it’d be a good idea to fill you in on some fun things still happening in Kent County!
Fifer Orchards is continuing to offer their yearly Fall activities, but with social distancing in mind! Here’s what they’ll have:
- 6-acre Corn Maze (September 21-October 31 | Monday-Saturday): Think you can find your way through this Pac-Man themed corn maze? Reserve your spot online to find out!
- Apple Picking (now until mid-October | Thursday-Saturday): Online reservations are required!
- U-Pick Pumpkin Patch (late September-October 31 | Monday-Saturday): What kind of crazy pumpkin can you carve with the pumpkin you pick out? No reservations are needed!
- Check out these recipes for some delicious pumpkin seeds afterwards!
Killens Pond: Be sure to call (302) 284-4299 to find out more information and register!
- Private Wagon Rides (now until end of October | Weekends): For a minimum of $25 or $5 per person, you can book your own wagon ride for you and your friends and family!
- Spooky Spiders Tour (October 3rd & 4th): Think you can handle eight legged creepy crawlers? Delve into the world of spiders and learn all about them!
- Local Legends: Supernatural Thrills (October 10th & 11th): Learn all about the supernatural side of Kent County at this family friendly event!
- Homeschool: Fall Colors (November 10th & 12th): This fun educational program will teach kids (ages 6-12) why some leaves change color and even takes them on a walk to see it in action. Pre-registration ($5 per child) is required.
- Biggs Kids Workshop: Scary Portraits (October 3rd): In this virtual workshop, kids get to learn how to make their own spooky portraits inspired by the portraits found in the Biggs art collection.
- Adult Flashlight Tour (October 9th): Using only flashlights, explore the Biggs Art Museum and discover the darker side of the art world. Dress up in your favorite art inspired costume to get a free drink too!
- Children’s Flashlight Tour (October 10th): Recommended for ages 8 and younger, kids get to explore the Biggs Museum at night in their PJs.
We hope you get to enjoy some of these activities, but more importantly, we hope you stay safe doing them!